Boost Engagement, LLC is comprised of Shumsky Promotional and Boost Engagement and is recognized as one of the fastest growing women-led businesses by the Women’s Presidents Organization and one of Dayton’s Great Places to Work! We have been featured in multiple publications: B2B, Dayton Business Journal, and Loyalty 360, among others.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our team and help grow our business! The successful candidate will be responsible for all the Accounts Receivables and will support the other Accounting team members in delivering timely and accurate financial processes. The position will work closely with other departments to ensure continuous improvement of data quality and efficiency, to support the company in delivering a quality customer service experience. The responsibilities include timely receipt of payment on all sales invoices through consistent and professional business to business collection efforts as well as analyzing creditworthiness of existing and potential customers to allow smooth flow of orders and adequate application of a consistent credit management policy.
The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as exhibit good listening skills, and will enjoy interfacing with people, especially through phone and email. He/she must be able to handle multiple requests and details simultaneously, while promptly responding to inquiries to ensure expectations are met. This person will take initiative, seek out the appropriate sources needed to reach goals, and enjoy working in a close team environment.
- Responsible for customer-facing communications on B2B collections and general customer inquiries.
- Work closely with internal and external customers in the timely collection of receivables.
- Research and reconcile any discrepancies, such as short payments or overpayments.
- Analyze and review overdue receivables with sales team members.
- Provide forecast of incoming cash related to receivables.
- Assess customer creditworthiness for existing customers and completing all new customer requests.
- Collect and file tax exemption certificates and update files as needed.
- Set up customers and maintain customer master data to ensure accuracy of customer master data.
- Ensure all sales invoicing is properly remitted to the customer, i.e. batch billing, portal invoicing, etc.
- Invoice prebills and reconcile customer deposits to validate application to sales invoices is accurate.
- Prepare monthly reports as needed to support the month end close, i.e. A/R Aging, Customer Deposits.
- Maintain professional and high level of service to customers and internal sales and customer service teams.
- Support others in the department in cash application, billing and other accounting functions as needed.
- Work with other departments on process improvements to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Minimum of two years of experience in general accounting.
- Minimum of five years of recent Accounts Receivable experience.
- Associate degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Sales and use tax experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills – MS Excel with ERP experience a plus.
- High math aptitude and ability to work accurately with numbers.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, concepts and procedures.
- Ability to approach challenges with curiosity and willingness to seek solutions.
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced team environment where multi-tasking is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills with an ability to track activities and follow up without direction.
Boost Engagement, LLC offers competitive compensation, 401(k), paid time off and holidays, as well as a comprehensive benefits package. For confidential consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer