Boost Engagement, LLC is comprised of Shumsky Promotional and Boost Rewards along with affiliated businesses Shumsky Therapeutic Pillows and Outta The Box Dispensers. Boost Engagement, LLC is recognized as one of the fastest growing women-led businesses by the Women’s Presidents Organization and one of Dayton’s Healthiest Employers and Best Places to Work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Controller to join our team! The successful candidate will be responsible for maximizing return on the Company’s assets by establishing financial procedures, controls and reporting systems, ensuring legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial/tax reporting functions, and overseeing general and cost accounting, accounts payable and receivable/collection, payroll, and treasury and risk management. This position is expected to collaborate with the Executive Team for successful execution of approved annual budgets and participate in activities related to organizational growth, strategic planning, business development, marketing, and sales.
- Guides financial and strategic decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing effective financial policies and procedures.
- Prepares annual budget and reviews with company managers on a periodic (monthly, quarterly, ad hoc) basis; manages budget and effectively controls expenses.
- Communicates significant budget vs. actual variances to top management, as well as any significant activity impacting the finances of the company.
- Challenges departmental functional leadership to optimize economic performance of the company using external benchmark data and internal financial performance to plan and performance to past history.
- Works with outside accounting firm to prepare and review tax documents for proper filing, such as but not limited to, income tax, sales and use tax, etc.
- Reviews internal IT systems affecting accounting operations; addresses and streamlines processes and workflows to achieve optimal economies of scale.
- Coordinates and maintains sound external relationships with banking, financial forecasting/planning, tax reporting, and accountant/auditor agencies and interests.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal laws and regulations and manages within the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Manages, directs, and provides efficient accounting resources as determined by top management to meet the needs of the organization.
- Assists in the assessment of new business line opportunities and collaborate with other executive team members to determine if an opportunity is aligned with the organization’s vision and strategic plan.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance with 10 years of previous accounting experience in a corporate environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience managing finance/accounting function for a small to medium-sized company.
- A minimum of 5 years of previous experience of people management.
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful)
- Good speaking and writing skills in routine and complex correspondence to all superiors, colleagues, outside advisors, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret a wide variety of business-related forms, reports, and documents.
- Ability to perform complex calculations and analysis such as ratios, projections, and present or future values.
- Extensive and thorough knowledge of accounting concepts and procedures.
- Developing and computing tax data required for reporting.
- Basic knowledge of S corporations and their reporting requirements beneficial in this role.
Boost Engagement, LLC offers competitive compensation, 401(k), paid time off and holidays, as well as a comprehensive benefits package. For confidential consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer